Saturday, May 10, 2014

Liebster Award



Thanks for nominating me, Blondie.  I never receive awards and I am pleased that you thought enough of my blog to nominate me.

Here is a link to Blondie's blog, she's fun to read!
Blondie's blog

Since I wondered why it is called the Liebster award, I looked it up...yeah, I'm a bit of a nerd.  Here's what I found:

It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)

Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2, Display the award on your blog--by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a "widget" or a "gadget".
Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 - 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules on your post. Once you have written published it, you then have to:
8. Inform people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!)

Here are the questions Blondie asked:

1. Are you generally a happy person?
I am usually a very happy person, try though I might, I can't hang on to a good depression.  
2. Do you look like your mother?
I don't think I look like either my mother or my father.  My hands sort of resemble my mother's. 
3. Favorite sex position?
I don't know, it probably depends on the mood and the kind of day I have had.
4. Will you or have you told your children about your spanking lifestyle?
I don't have any children, but I would think not, children don't need to have those sorts of thoughts running around in their heads.
5. Do you own any sex toys and if so how many and which is your favorite?
Nope, no sex toys.
6. Have you ever had a picture taken of your red bottom after a spanking?
Nope (Okay, now I am getting boring) :-)
7. What decade did you attend high school?
The 1980s
8. What song do you tend to sing in the shower?
 I tend to sing show tunes, like "Good Morning" from singing in the rain.
9. Have you ever thought about walking away from your life and starting over somewhere else?
I have actually done this.  It was not as hard as you might think and I am in a much better place than I was.  I tend to live life asking "What's the worst that can happen" and if I can deal with the expected consequences,  I go for it!
10. Would you go on a cruise with your family and your extended family (parents, in-laws, siblings, etc)
My parents are both dead, but I would do it with my brothers, we get along pretty well.
11. Is there a subject that you and your husband dance around and try to sweep under the carpet instead of dealing with it?
I have no husband, but I am looking...anybody know a nice man in his 40s or 50s who is looking for a girl like me?

Okay, 11 random facts about myself:

1.  When I was a little girl, my cat saved my life.
2.  I have read "Gone with the Wind" 20 times
3.  I wanted to grow up and marry Kent McCord or MacGyver when I was a girl. (Smart and cute, what's not to like?)
4.  My max leg press weight was 525 pounds.
5.  I can list all the presidents of the United States in order, (Did I mention I was a bit of a nerd?)
6.  I love to travel and try to go somewhere fun every year or so.
7.  I'm a natural redhead.
8.  My favorite flower is the day lily.
9.  I have a life list instead of a bucket list and I don't keep anything on that list longer than about  5 years.  When something goes on, I started planning on how to achieve it.
10.  I close my eyes during violent movies.  
11.  I think doing dishes together is/can be romantic.

Here are my questions:

1.  If you could have any job in the world (forget talent or money making ability) what would you do?

2.  What is your favorite book of all time?

3.  What is the one thing that you and your husband just can't seem to agree on and how do you deal with it?

4.  What is the thing you like most about yourself?

5.  What superpower would you like to have?

6.  What luxury in life do you indulge in?

7.  Who is your celebrity crush?

Okay here are my nominees:

Jason's girl over at Taming of the Shrew.  She has such a tender way of writing about her relationship with her husband and I appreciate that she chronicles and ups and the downs!

Taming of the Shrew

I also enjoy reading about Jan over at An English Rose.  Again someone who writes about ups and downs.  (But she was already nominated, so I am just going to mention that I enjoy reading her blog)

I enjoy reading what Kenzie writes too!  I am sensing a pattern about the ups and downs of life:

Trying to Learn, Learning to Try

I also laugh regularly over at Cat's blog

Giggles, Grins and Reflections

Everybody else I tend to read has already been nominated for a Leibster and I don't want people to feel like they have to respond, so I am just going to stop with those three and a cheery wave to all the others I read.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! Great to know these facts about you. Curious - how did a cat save your life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. I am pretty boring, though!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the award Cygnet and thank you for the nomination. Will try to get some answers up this week.

    Loved your answers...Christina asked what I wanted to know...how did your cat save your life?

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award Cygnet, interesting reading the meaning of Liebster. I enjoyed reading your answers snd random facts. I too am curious how the cat saved your life.

    Not being able to hold onto depression is a good thing!:) I love doing tbe dishes togethrr, we usually tease each other and have s bit of fun. Rick loves American history and can name all Presidents and their terms.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I'm pretty boring, if you ask me. Does Rick have any favorite authors of historical books? I thought I might like David McCullough because he is such a great storyteller in person, I have yet to get through any of his books! Give me Irving Stone any day.

      Delete
  4. I love how you are brave enough to pick up life and start over. I've done that a time or two and it's quite the adventure.

    Going to go read about your cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always thought that if something isn't working and you can change it, you should. It was scary but exciting, like you say!

      Delete