Friday, September 7, 2012

Intuition

I believe pretty strongly in intuition.  I have found for the most part it has guided me well and never so well as with sizing up people.  My first impression about people has usually turned out to be right.  I will warn someone about someone else and then a year or so later they will come back to me and say, "You know what you said about so and so...you were right." 

There are times when my intuition is working so subtly that I don't even realize that I am responding to it.  I got a reminder of that last night.  I am looking for my guy and I have joined a few on-line dating sites.  They have led to some good dates and some nice men, but not the "one".  There was one guy that was pursuing me pretty hard.  I have been away vacationing and haven't made my schedule free enough to meet him.  Yes, we could have met earlier and my subtle intuition was controlling me without my even knowing it. Something just didn't feel right.  I see it in hindsight.  So, I was kind of putting him off but finally said yes to a coffee meet.  I gave him a whole weekend...two whole days when I was free to meet him.  I asked where he wanted to meet; he demurred.  I asked when he wanted to meet and what day...10 DAYS after that weekend passed he wrote me asking when we could meet.  I had made plans for the next two weekends and told him I would be free when I got back.  He wrote me a scathing e-mail telling me that clearly I was not interested in finding someone...blah, blah, blah...well you get the picture.  I wrote him back saying I was trying, but he was the one that didn't get back to me about meeting for coffee.

So, last night I was at a singles mixer.  I met a lot of nice people...guess who was there...yup...Mr. It's All Your Fault You're Single.  People...I dodged a bullet.  He came up to the table I was at (I don't know if he recognized me or not, but my first name is pretty distinctive and not a lot of people have it).  I conveniently had a another guy next to me who I had a great conversation with after I said a cheery hi to Mr. It's All Your Fault You're Single. He is a player with a capital P.  He was flirting with all the women there who would let him.  Bumping into them "accidentally", those sort of things.  Obnoxious is the word that comes most immediately to mind.  I am not one of those women who is attracted to obnoxious.

I am realized, yet again, that I am quiet and pretty refined.  I want a man who will treat me with respect and not get all sloppy on me.  Watching the way he treated the women he interacted with gave me a really good view of who he is as a person...NO THANK YOU!  I wish him well.  Everyone should have someone.  I am just not that someone for him.  So, intuition paid off yet again.  Thank goodness!

4 comments:

  1. Seems your intuition was spot on, thankfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Ugh is right! Do they really think that kind of behavior will attract women? I don't get it.

      Delete