Friday, December 30, 2011

Thank yous

So, the Ugly Duckling Project has begun.  I'm going to work to be beautiful inside and out.  Today I'm going to work on the insides a little bit.

I was reading that the latest Amy Vanderbilt heirs have written a new etiquette book.  Goodness knows, things have changed since her first book was written in 1952.  Who'd have thought that you'd need to know things like netiquette (which wasn't flagged as a misspelled word!) and how to deal politely with texters!  One of the things that the newest book says is that hand written thank yous are not or at least shouldn't be a thing of the past.  I kind of got out of the habit of writing thank you notes, I'm not sure if the age of entitlement has infected me or if I am just clueless or just totally ungrateful, but I feel the need to try to mend my ways.

Since I started letting down the walls, I have come to realize that there have been a lot of people who have done really nice things for me and I should be more grateful, or show my gratitude better.  Today is going to be my grateful day.  I am going to write hand written thank yous for the gifts I received at Christmas and I am going to bake a bunch of cookies to pass around for all the people at work who have helped a newbee find her way.

I think I need to start being grateful every day, I should be grateful every day and I just need to open my eyes to find that thing for which to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment