Saturday, December 31, 2011

Husband Material

I've been reading a lot of DD blogs trying to figure out what is so attractive about that lifestyle.  I think it is all about being noticed. To actually have someone paying attention to your moods, actions, feelings and responding is very attractive.  To have someone who is going to say, "no, I'm not going to let you do that.  It is not good for you or us." 

I wonder if it is possible to find a man who is dominant without being domineering.  I'm not so sure I am submissive enough to be happy with someone always being in control, but I can tell that many of the women who write the DD blogs aren't terrible submissive either.

I pretty much raised myself as a child.  I had my own key at 10 and let myself into the house.  I always said if I had wanted to build a bomb in the garage I could have without it being detected.  This is not only a comment about the amount of time that I spent alone, but also the state of the garage (grin).  If the bomb had exploded, I'm not sure anyone would have noticed.  I was always the caretaker, the one making sure things went smoothly and I don't think any of us gave it a thought.  The night my mother died, my dad went to the hospital in the ambulance and it was my job to find my own way to the hospital.  I was 17. None of us thought a thing about it, or even mentioned it.  Well, I am starting to think that I want someone to notice and take care of me.  I want to not have to be the strong one all the time.  I want to be a better person and I guess I am hopeful that one day I will find a man who will rub the rough edges off...

No comments:

Post a Comment