Monday, February 13, 2012

I feel like the bachelorette!

I sort of have issues with the show "The Bachelor or Bachelorette"    They just seem too much like a harem.  I'm not terribly fond of harems, but I think I have one starting...through absolutely no fault of my own...well maybe a little fault, but I'm innocent I tell you, innocent!

So, here's the story.  If you have read some of my blog, you know I am looking for my man and I am trying some on-line dating sites.  I am trying to follow the rules (like what you should write in your profile) and figure things out.  Well, I joined one on Saturday night and just let loose, I wrote what I was thinking and didn't filter too much.  One of the things I said was how I was unique.  Well, 24 hours later, 162 men had looked at my profile, 33 and counting had contacted me.  I got on-line on Sunday night to respond to the 61 e-mails and was inundated with IMs.  I could barely keep up with all the conversations.  I finally told a number of them that I needed to get ready for work the next day and had to log off (where's Stormy's husband when I need him, since I stayed on much longer than I should have).  But anyway, I have another pile of e-mails in my box this morning, which I just finished answering and I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  So, I am pretty excited that maybe I am finally, finally attracting some attention and maybe one of them is "the one".  It is all pretty amazing.

I am exhausted though, harems are a lot of work! 

2 comments:

  1. That's really funny and it's amazing how you being you instead of following the 'rules' brought the men out of the woodwork. Happy filtering!

    Oh, BTW, my husband was SO happy this morning to have comments on his comment about the superboy picture. He's so silly! I really can't wait for you to find yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susie. I can hardly wait to find mine too. It is funny that I just let fly and the rules went out the window and great things happened. I had a pile of e-mails in my in-box again this morning, which I answered without having to ignore the "let's chat" pop up screens. So many men, so little time, giggle...

    I am glad that you have a silly, wonderful boy!

    ReplyDelete