Friday, January 2, 2015

Resolved

I have been thinking about New Year's Resolutions, which led me to thinking about what resolved means.  So, I looked it up,  The definition was:

firm in purpose or intent; determined.
 
When I think about that I think about steely eyed determination...think Clint Eastwood's Dirty Harry with a measure of Sean Connery in any of his roles.  I also think that when I make resolutions they tend to be more wishes about something rather than being resolved.  This year I am resolved.  The steely eyed, don't mess with me, come hell or high water resolved.
 
I have had this idea in my head of who I want to be for a very long time.  This year I am resolved to do something every day to move towards that idea.  I may never get there or maybe I won't even get close, but I am resolved to try.
 
I think I am already moving towards that.  I have been cleaning the garage and getting rid of the things that I don't want or need. I am also going to be doing my best to get rid of the attitudes and behaviors that I don't want or need.  I have already found that my relationships are easier and I am actually having more fun being around friends and family.  It feels more relaxed actually, which is kind of shocking. Dating has taken on a different tenor too. Perhaps a different perspective will yield a different result.
 
Each day I will wake up committed to that future person and looking forward to the day when she and I are the same person...because I am resolved. 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you:)!!
    Best wishes for a great year!!
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Good for you. You sound exactly like you will indeed succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Cygnet, glad you are already seeing positive results :) wishing you the very best with your goals and a wonderful 2015.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are excellent resolutions, Cygnet. I wish you every success in your endeavours and I also wish you a Very Happy New Year 2015.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Cygnet! Wishing you the best in fulfilling your awesome resolutions in 2015!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each day! I'm impressed Cygnet. I'll look forward to hearing about it as the year unfolds.

    ReplyDelete