Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Easter

Happy Easter, everyone!  I am posting something sort of religious in this post, so be prepared.


I was thinking about Easter and it's meaning in a religious sense this weekend.  It is about resurrection, which in essence is about starting a new life.  Jesus didn't just come back from the dead to return to his old life.  He returned to a brand new life.  So, I think about the presence of God in his people and I have seen it quite a bit lately even thought they probably don't realize how important their actions are.

I saw it the other day when a student who skews rather young and doesn't really fit in was accepted to by a single student who in turn made him a part of "his" group.  The student who wasn't good about being teased, was giving it as good as he was getting the other day.  They were all in my lab working together and just giving each other a hard time, while actually getting my assignment done...outside of class...yes, believe it or not...outside of class.  The action of that one student including the outcast made me proud and I liked seeing how that outcast had a new school life because of the actions of that one.

I was at church the other night and being a Catholic, we are pretty ritually driven.  We were welcoming people into the church in a three hour ceremony (yeah, we do ritual really well...and long!) and our leader had to go home sick.  All of us just picked up the slack and the participants came into the church.  I hate to say she wasn't missed, because she was, but her not being present didn't affect what happened, because we all pulled together and all those people are starting a new life.

I have a small car.  I was bringing home mulch to spread in the flowerbeds.  The woman across the street offered to let me use her truck for the day so I didn't need to bring home a few bags at a time.  She saw a need and offered a solution.  She thinks it's important that neighbors help neighbors.

So, little moments of people being kind and being present to those around them.  It made me happy and thankful and I just wanted to share a bit. 

While I'm being thankful, I'd like to thank all my cyberfriends as well, who send me long e-mails answering my questions and post on my blog giving me fuel for thought.  I am indebted to all of you...and I am also thankful.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful post Cygnet. Thank yo so much for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Cygnet, thank you for sharing. Wishing you a Happy Easter. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete