Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Barbie

Do guys really want woman to look like Barbie anymore?  Is she passe?  I saw there is a new model that people are calling the living Barbie.  If she were really a living Barbie, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe, weigh 110 pounds and have a BMI of 16.24.  Would that be attractive to anybody?

I once remember reading an article about advice a personal trainer would give to the female Disney characters.,  If I recall correctly most of them needed to work out their upper bodies and gain weight.

Watched any old black and white movies lately?  Those women were skinny!  Do you think they weren't eating, or did they just have super, battle armor girdles on?

I am a huge fan of Craig Ferguson, he makes me laugh...a lot.  He talked about woman who are too skinny, he doesn't want to cuddle up with a bag of bones.  My kind of guy! I am not overweight by any means, but I don't have a BMI of 16.24 either...closer to 22, like a real woman should.

Used to be men were attracted to woman without tans (proved they didn't have to work outside all day) with Rubenesque figures (a little wider in the hip and little fuller in the bust).  Now you hear more about HWP (height weight proportional).  Is that closer to Barbie or Rubens? 

Just a few things I was pondering today.  In my line of work the guys are attracted to the woman that can carry a heavy load on a five mile hike...I don't see 5'9", 110 pound Barbie doing that...she'd probably tip over or not be able to stand up!  I'm lucky that I haven't had to deal with the body image issues that so many young woman have to deal with today!


2 comments:

  1. Here's a secret, Cygnet...Barbie was invented by a woman named Ruth Handler, who thought that playing with an "adult" doll like Barbie would boost girls' self-esteem.

    Sure, there are lots of guys out there with piggish attitudes...but the appearance standards that women half-kill themselves to meet? They're set by other women as much as by men—maybe more. Who writes for the "women's" magazines? Who edits them? Who publishes them?

    There's lots of guys out there for a woman of any shape. Be yourself and be free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevan, I really have never wanted to be Barbie, actually I wanted to be The Bionic Woman! I guess being surrounded by men for most of my life I really don't buy into living up to woman's standards...thanks for the encouragement to be myself and be free!

    ReplyDelete