Friday, November 9, 2012

Being touched

I have always been a take care of myself kind of gal, I can do what needs to be done, but lately I have been examining the more feminine side of myself.  I am more drawn to wearing dresses, although, jeans are still work attire.  I work outside a lot and in all kinds of conditions, so the dresses and skirts are not dragged out that often.  I think about it though.  I think my femininity is starting to show more.  I am still capable and competent and take charge, just more feminine. 

So, here's the thing, the men I know, have started touching me more.  They are not intimate touches, not creepy or inappropriate...it is more like a hand on the back or a squeeze of the arm.  I think I may be putting out those feminine vibes and they are picking up on it.  I can't think of anything different that I am doing.  The men I am working with hasn't changed, they are just now more...affectionate?  attentive? protective?  Not sure what the right word is.  Yesterday I was at a public event, and afterwards me and two men were cleaning up, they both reached out in some way to touch me, kindly....not sure I get it, but I kind of like it.

So you ladies who might be reading this, any clues on why this is just starting to happen?  Does this ever happen to you?  And to you guys who might be reading this...what inspires you to reach out and touch a woman? 

Curious minds want to know.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting! I really don't know Cygnet, but maybe you are putting out more of those feminine vibes. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just weird sometime, Grace, having people treat me differently than I am used to being treated.

      Delete
  2. I can't say I know either, but perhaps this quest of renewal that you are on is beginning to show on your face, in the way you walk etc. I wonder if you look more "open" and I don't mean that in a sexual way. More in an approachable way. I suspect that you have always been kind, but also that your kindness is shining through more and more and people just want to be near you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting thought, Susie. Maybe I am more open, I know I do feel more vulnerable sometimes. I liked your words "quest of renewal". Thank you for that!

      Delete
  3. To me, this sounds like you are sending out confident, strong feminine vibes. And the men around you are responding with respect and a protectiveness or affection that is appropriate via their male energies. And I really, really like this post because it sounds like you are finding yourself (yes?) in a different way, and the people around you are responding positively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Elisa...you may very well be right. I just wish it hadn't taken me so long to get to this place, but I think I will just relish it. I AM finding myself in a different way and I find myself a bit unsure about it all. I do appreciate your insight, thank you; I will be pondering it.

    ReplyDelete