Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Holy Cow!

I am in a pretty male dominated profession, which is fine with me.  Something funny that happens without my instigating it at all, is that language cleans up when I am around.  I don't complain or act shocked about language, although I never got in the habit of using those word. I don't know why it happens, but it does.  One of my colleagues came in my office after having a conversation that I could hear from down the hall.  If was not a horrible cussing fest, but there was some blue language sprinkled in.  Two guys discussing something with the secretary (another female).  So, he comes down to my office and he went from the f-word and s-word to Holy Cow!  That made me smile.  I just wonder what vibe I give off that a guy who cusses in front of another woman (so, it isn't just the woman thing) changes his language when he is talking to me.  It's not just him either, my students (mostly male) do the same thing.

Just something I noticed that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment