Friday, March 9, 2012

Who makes those kinds of threats?

So, I was out to dinner tonight at a group thing and the woman across from me told me that she was telling her husband and mother that they were going to owe her a half an hour of labor if they left trash in her car or if her husband left his tools out.  She said for every tool left out she was going to have him clean the bathroom  I don't get this.  Who makes those kinds of threats?  Especially to your mother and your husband? I didn't think I had heard her correctly and I asked, "Is this your children?"  She answered. "No, my husband and my mother."  Okay, I know I am currently hyper-sensitive to how people treat each other, but this just sounds disrespectful on so many levels. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha, no kidding. Talk about breakdown of communication and unhealthy relationships. I hope there aren't any kids involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are kids involved. She may be the HoH, but to hear her speak about the person who should be the love of her life and her mother and the way she gleefully threatens to make them do the most awful jobs if they "displease" her, makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete