Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Debbie Downer and Pollyanna

As the new year begins I am drawn to think of a character from Saturday Night Live.  Her name is Debbie Downer.  No matter how good the news is that some one shares, she can show the bad side of it.  I think I may be guilty of that a little too often.  I need to remind myself to keep my negativity to myself.

There is a lot of stress at work with major blowups occurring between the higher ups.  I am determined to be upbeat and not mention the downside of things.

I need to think Pollyanna, Pollyanna, Pollyanna!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on thinking Pollyanna.

    And thanks for commenting on my blog. I had never heard the St. Anne, get me a man line until my neighbor mentioned it to my daughter. Guess it worked for her but the online dating site probably helped. LOL.

    Enjoyed finding your blog and I am sure you will become a swan.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie Downer is so hilarious! I am a real Pollyanna...for the most part. I can get on a downward spiral sometimes though. I usually bounce back but spankings make me sad and down- until my hubby builds me back up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words, FD. I sure do hope you're right about the swan thing!

    Stormy, I read your post about Stormy coating (hugs from one Pollyanna to another. I think there needs to be more of us in the world) somehow Cygnet coating paints a less appealing picture (smile). Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete