Monday, January 2, 2012

Marathon!

So, today I start training for a marathon.  I ran one about 7 years ago and it was fabulous!  It was small so they announced everybody across the line and then yelled, "You're a marathoner now!"  Then they threw a medal around your neck.  I think everybody felt like they had won.  I don't know how the one I'll be training for will be, probably not as personalized.  I just want to see if I can do it again.

Marathons make me think of life.  We have our ups and downs.  We have times that we need to walk because we are tired and times when we are flying.  We meet people along the way and chat a while and then leave them behind or they leave us behind.  Sometime we meet again later and it seems as though we only had a break in the conversation.  Ultimately, we are responsible for getting ourselves across the finish line.  I think that is what this year is going to be about for me.  I want to finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment