Friday, January 6, 2012

Self Evaluation

So, at work we are supposed to fill out a self-evaluation form.  Which cracks me up since I started the Ugly Duckling Project and it is all about self-evaluation.  I don't know if I am too hard on myself or not, but three of us got together to discuss the evaluation: me and two guys.  The one guy kept wanting me to up the number on each of the 24 or so questions.  He said I do things a lot better than I am giving myself credit for, which made me smile.  The other guy wondered if we shouldn't have some needs improvement numbers or at least fair numbers instead of all goods and very goods. The first guy said he was only going to ding himself on the stuff that he had already heard about from a supervisor.  So, we reviewed my self-evaluation, but not either of theirs, and in the end I am not sure if the first guy is right or not.  Will the supervisor see a list of goods and very goods as confident or arrogant? 

This seems to beg that age old question...Pooh or Eeyore? 

Oh, Oh, I just took the Winnie the Pooh Personality Test and came out as Tigger...so I guess the answer is neither Pooh not Eeyore.  Tigger!  I can live with that.

If you want to take the personality test,  here it is:

I have been convinced for some time that just about every person I know can be placed in one of four personality categories - based on the classic characters from A.A. Milne's beloved children's story Winnie The Pooh. This is personality test is based strictly on my own personal observations and although I think it's spot on, you may think it's crazy.

If you think this is ridiculous, you should stop reading right now. It gets worse.

Here's how it works. I'm going to tell you a story that will end with "what would you do?" I want you to think about your answer before scrolling down to see which character you are most like. Go with your first instinct. The first thing that pops into your head. Got it?

The Rock in Your Path

Imagine yourself hiking in the woods. The birds are singing, the air is fresh and feels good to breath. You're walking. You're patting yourself on the back for getting some exercise. You've been hiking along for sometime now and the path is heavily wooded all around you. You see something up ahead. As you get closer you realize that there, in the middle of the path is a boulder. Not just a rock, but a boulder.
What is your first thought?
What will you do? What is the first thing that comes to mind?

Personality Test

So what do you do when faced with the boulder in your path? What was your very first thought?

  • Looks like a good place to sit down, take a break and think about it. I must have a snack in my backpack here somewhere.
  • Without skipping a beat, you begin climbing over it.
  • You bounce, walk or run around it.
  • You stand there and think? What the heck is this boulder doing here? And why do things like this always happen to me? I should have expected this. Then you climb over or run around it.

Who Are You Anyway?

When I first heard this story, I immediately thought I would like to sit down and have a snack, drink some water and think about the situation. If that was your answer, you are a cuddly Pooh Bear. You like sweets, warm fires and good chatting. You also come up with ideas easily, at odd moments and they are not always all that useful. You stumble into your own brilliance from time to time. You don't care for rushing, schedules and rules. Blue is your color.

If you didn't miss a step and just started climbing straight up over it, you are most like Rabbit. You don't waste time, you have a schedule to keep and things to do. You don't have time for boulders in your path because you have a garden that needs tending to or a conference call  to make from your cell phone on the other side of the mountain. You are a highly motivated leader and enjoy being in charge and telling everyone around you how to do everything . The world would not exist without you, because you are busy spinning it! The color red suits you just fine.

Did you bounce, run or skip around that boulder? You know who you are! You are fun loving Tigger! An eternal optimist, that boulder didn't bother you at all. You knew you could get around it somehow. A super-social animal, you love to know what everyone is up too and you are always there to cheer up a friend and make people laugh. You are a ray of light where ever you go. Yellow is your color.

Woe is me. Did you get mad at that boulder? Did you say oh, man, why does this always happen to me? Now you are really going to be upset. You are most like Eeyore.  You can be just a tad pessimistic. You love the rain. You write poetry. You are as deep as your friend Tigger is light. You bring logic and balance to those around you.You don't mind being alone, but a few close friends around you make you feel completely content.  You love the intense colors of the autumn leaves.

Here's the link too:

http://amyjane.hubpages.com/hub/Personality-Test

3 comments:

  1. That was great...I am rabbit and my husband isTigger. Lol, what does that mean in a Dd marriage!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that may be great news! Your husband is going to find the way around any boulder in your path and take you both around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Michael picked #3, so he's Tigger.

    But, I had a hard time choosing to be honest. I mean, I could see myself stopping and wondering why the boulder was in the middle of the path, but I wouldn't think to myself, why does this sort of thing happen to me. And I could certainly see myself just starting to climb over it, but it might just be because I wanted to see what was on the other side or if there was a good view from on top of it. If I was really tired from hiking, I might just have a seat and look for a snack and bottle of water in my backpack. And if I was in a really good mood, feeling enthusiastic about life and enjoying the hike, I might just bounce, run or skip around it and see if I could beat everyone else to the other side.

    Soooo, I guess that means that I'm having an identity crisis? lol

    ReplyDelete